Illustration by: Elizabeth Moch

Friday, January 2, 2009

My Morning Mood

I'm at my parent's house in Santa Barbara drinking coffee and eating father Shimoda's famous potatoes. I'm gearing up to raid our attic filled with high school year books, random belongings from my kendo fighting grandfather and most exciting, my parent's records. Old talent show videos and vintage kimonos are also on the list.

For now I'm having fun watching music videos and planning my playlist for this Tuesday. Yes, that's right, I will be covering for Joey while he is away in India for the week. This Tuesday, January 6 from 10am-2pm on KXLU, 88.9 FM/www.KXLU.com.

Inspired by Slumdog Millionaire and my recent interest in 80's Bollywood music, I will be paying tribute to the colorful country Joey is visiting.

In the meantime, here are some music videos and MPthreeees I'm listening this second day of the new year. dooood...

Happy New Year!



Grizzly Bear - Knife


MP3 - Grizzly Bear vs. The Knife [by PARRKA] - Knife/Heartbeats

The Mamas & Papas - Snowqueen of Texas


no MP3 for this one. I would love, love, love to have this on vinyl. Fingers crossed for the attic!

Daedelus - Fair Weather Friends


MP3 - Daedelus - Fair Weather Friends

Mogwai - The sun smells too loud


MP3 - Mogwai - The Sun Smells Too Loud

Panda Bear - Comfy In Nautica


MP3 - Panda Bear - Comfy In Nautica

Beirut - Elephant Gun


MP3 - Beirut - Elephant Gun

Sigur Rós - Gobbledigook


Embedding disabled due to naked people! Watch it here

MP3 - Sigur Rós - Gobbledigook

No comments: