Illustration by: Elizabeth Moch

Sunday, June 1, 2008

LUCKY DRAGONS AT THE SMELL TONIGHT!



L.A. experimental duo Lucky Dragons like to get their audience to interact with each other. Luke Fischbeck and Sarah Rara created a box with four braided wires that connect to a laptop and turns electrical resistance into sound.

The box is placed on the floor for the audience to touch and create sound. The Lucky Dragons call this concept, "Making a Baby" When the box is touched they produce channels of feedback creating sounds generated from the audience. The fun part is that the audience has to touch each other to generate sound. At least two people have to touch the wire while touching each other to trigger the first note.

I hope to experience this tonight as I have heard that for the audience to "Make a Baby", everyone forms a bridge and the music is projected from the number of people who touch each other and the way they touch each other... Their performances are supposed to be very magical and fun.

I'm posting this late because I wasn't home all day. Heading out after I post this. Here's the line up.

Sunday June 1st:

Dommm
Lucky Dragons
Kixly (Tijuana, Mexico)
Teengirl Fantasy (Oberlin, OH)
White Leopards

If you can make it I suggest going! I'll will there!



MP3 Lucky Dragons - Givers

MP3 Lucky Dragons - I Keep Waiting For Earthquakes



No comments: